Built between the years 1905 and 1908, this is one of the most outstanding
buildings with one of the best architectural designs of Barcelona.
building is located between the Calle Sant
Pere Mes Alt and the Plaça Lluís
Millet. It has a ground floor, a further three floors,
and a capacity of two thousand.
Most of the decorative elements are concentrated on the stage where
we find the famous organ pipes of the Palau, the mosaic of the coat
of arms of Catalonia (original by Lluís Bru) and the eighteen muses
with instruments by the sculptor Eusebi Arnau. The sculptures by
the famous sculptor Pablo Gargallo should also be mentioned.
1983 the structures of the Palau were restored, and it was expanded
to include administrative offices and cultural entities.